Hello there, my fellow tech lovers, and welcome to the presentation of the best free apps for the Nokia C6-01.
Posts Tagged ‘ youtube ’
S60 users usually think that they have to buy applications for their mobile phone. That isn’t entirely true. There are plenty of free apps that can increase the capabilities of your s60 phone. In this article, I will present my favorite free software for S60v3 devices (in my case, my trusty N82), and I’m planning to do the same thing for S60v5 when the N97 trial arrives.
So here they are, not in any particular order:
1. Nokia Photo Browser – the best image viewer out there. It’s incredibly fast, the zoom function is fluid, and it looks really cool. It also supports face browsing, and you can preform the basic operations like send, rotate and delete. Here’s a screenshot:
2. Nimbuzz – the most complete social messaging application. You can make free calls and chat with your Skype, MSN, GTalk, Yahoo contacts (plus, it connects you to Facebook chat and many more services). There is also Twitter support, with all the functionality an average user needs. All you need is a WiFi access point, or an unlimited data plan.
3. YouTube application – much more convenient than the website. You can search and watch any video and browse Top Rated, Most Viewed and Most Recent Videos. Videos are automatically played in full screen mode. Very nice user interface, intuitive and easy to use.
4. Skyfire – the only browser that allows you to experience the full web potential on your phone. As you may remember, I’ve mentioned it before. It supports Flash 10 and Silverlight 2.0, so you’ll be able to visit any site you like. You can also watch any type of video, including Quicktime. It’s very fast, has smooth zooming, and can show your Gmail, Yahoo mail and Twitter updates on its start screen.
5. Facebook application (can be found in OVI store) – so much better than the website, with almost all the functionality you need (there is no ‘like’ function, for example). Important note: be very patient with the installation, when you see ‘Installation complete’ popup for the first time, wait some time, the second part of installation will begin!
Of course, there are many more free apps for your s60v3 phone, such as Nokia Sports Tracker, OVI Maps, Psiloc World Traveler, Nokia Here and Now, etc, but these are my Top 5.
Did I skip your favorite free application? Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions.