How to stream media from Nokia to iPad
Hi all, I know it’s been a while since my last post, but I had to study a lot, sorry about that. This time, I’m going to show you something truly amazing – how to stream pictures, music and videos from your Nokia phone to your iPad’s big screen!
This is tremendously useful, for example: you take some absolutely stunning pics with your N8, and you show them to your friends on an iPad!
Check this video out, to see what I’m talking about!😀
Setup is quite easy, and you need the following things:
1. New Symbian phone – N8, E7, C7, C6-01 or X7 (not E6!) with Nokia Play To application from Nokia Beta Labs
2. Jailbroken iPad with XBMC app
3. WiFi network
We will start with the iPad.
1. Open Cydia, and go to Sources.
2. Tap Edit, and then Add. Type in http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/ . Tap “Add Source“.
3. Click on teamXBMC source, and then XBMC-iOS icon.
4. Click Install and then Confirm. Wait for installation to finish.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed XBMC! Now we need to set it up correctly! This is very easy, there are only two steps!
1. Launch the XBMC app (WiFi should be activated), and go to System -> Network.
2. Mark the first line “Allow control of XBMC via UPnP“.
OK, now it’s Nokia’s turn!
1. Go to Nokia Beta Labs and download Nokia Play To. Let it install.
The hard part is over! All you have to do now is:
1. Launch the XBMC app on the iPad.
2. Launch Nokia Play To on your phone. Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as the iPad!!!
3. Wait a few seconds (“Searching for devices” is shown), and you’ll see the list of all devices available. If you have more compatible DLNA devices, you’ll need to select XBMC Media Rendered (that’s your iPad in this case).
Now you can enjoy your phone’s photos, videos (720p videos are not quite watchable, I guess iPad cannot process them fast enough) and music files on your iPad! This streaming isn’t blazing fast, but it works OK for pics and music, and is nice for showing off…🙂
Hit the Tweet button to share the Nokia-Apple love!🙂