Top 10 free apps for the Nokia C6-01
Hello there, my fellow tech lovers, and welcome to the presentation of the best free apps for the Nokia C6-01.
I was fortunate enough to get acquainted with the third member of the new Symbian family before the rest, thanks to my friend Darko! After using it for a while, I’ve found some very interesting non-paid apps that are going to improve the usability and possibilities of your shiny phone that runs the new version of Symbian (so, these apps apply to the Nokias N8 and C7 as well (and E7 when it comes out)).
Here they are, not in any particular order.
1. Skype – as you probably know, Skype allows users to make free voice calls over the Internet, as well as chat with friends and send files. If you don’t have Skype credit, your family members need to have Skype installed on their PC or phone. I use this app mostly while abroad, and it saves me a ton of money on my calls! Of course, use WiFi connection while travelling, roaming fees for data traffic will blow a hole in your wallet! Available here.
2. Nimbuzz – when Skype fails, I turn to Nimbuzz, and vice versa. This practical app empowers you to chat and make free VOIP calls to contacts from several online communities, including MSN, Gtalk, Yahoo!. You can also chat on Facebook, and send files via Internet for free. There’s even a solid Twitter client, so this app covers nice part of your online activities. Download it from OVI Store.
3. JoikuSpot Light – most useful utility for Nokia (and other) mobile phones, hands down. I love this app because it does one thing perfectly – it allows me to share my GPRS/3G connection via WiFi with other WiFi-only devices! Dataplan with your operator is advisable. Get it from the OVI Store. There is also a paid version, which adds security, advanced settings, etc, so, if you’re a power user, definitely worth the money.
4. Sports Tracker – mentioned a couple of times on my blog, this app is great for people who practice some outdoor sport activity. Using the inbuilt GPS receiver, it will record your speed and path (and heart rate, if you have the right equipment) , and help you outrun yourself! Later, you can upload the workout to Sports Tracker site, and have a very detailed insight in your run/hike/…/ski activities! Available in OVI Store.
5. Nokia Battery Monitor – great little tool for, as it name suggest, monitoring battery behavior. With this app, you’ll have detailed insight in consumption stats as well as estimate times for several scenarios. It even adds a widget to the home screen, so you can have more precise battery life indicator than the regular one. Version that is up to date is 1.2, so make sure you get that one. And, yes, it’s also in the OVI Store.🙂
6. YouTube – much better then visiting the site, plus you get the “Sign in” option. A-must for video lovers! Go to m.google.com with your phone’s browser, and download the app.
7. Opera Mobile – if you do not like the inbuilt Nokia browser, you can download this one and have speed dial, tabbed browsing and less data consumption. You’ll also get the vertical QWERTY keyboard! Visit OVI Store, and download the app from here.
8. Nokia Situations – straight from Nokia Beta labs, this app allows you to automate certain actions in your phone. For example, you can set your phone to switch to Silent profile and to activate Power Saving during the night, or to send SMSes to all unanswered calls while you’re driving. This app has immense capabilities, and requires a post for itself. Download link.
9. Foursquare – great Foursquare client that brings you all the stuff you need when it comes to location sharing. Get it from here.
10. Weather Touch – simple, but useful weather forecast app that automatically gets your position and displays the current conditions as well as 5-day forecast in a very pleasant way. Link.
That’s it, hope you find these app useful!🙂
Have I missed your favorite app? Leave a comment below.